The New Year is upon us!
Did you make resolutions? Were any of those resolutions regarding finances?
The new year is a fresh start and a chance to take a fresh look at things in our lives. One of the areas we should look at is our finances. As the new calendar year starts, making assessments of financial heath and identifying changes can help start the year off on a good path. Looking at household budgets, large purchases or savings goals, and retirement plans is a wise and responsible financial task that we should not shy away from.
But looking at and assessing finances can be a difficult and daunting task. We may see things we don’t want to see. We may need to make changes that we don’t want to make. Even if our financial health looks good, it is always prudent to revisit our financial plans and goals. Where ever the health of our finances stand, we should not be afraid to dig in, and not be afraid to ask the opinion of a financial professional.
Guest Jerry Citarella – Financial Professional
Jerry R. Citarella of Infinity Wealth Management, and author of The Truth Helps Series, joined Mom of Many Hats Radio to discuss how we can navigate our New Years Financial resolutions. Jerry has 20 years experience in the financial services industry and has been a trainer and speaker on various fianancial topics. From what types of goals to set, to managing budgets and purchases, to where to start when your finances seem overwhelming, Jerry will offer advice and discussion on setting ourselves on the path to financial health.
Although each person’s financial planning and situation is unique and should be discussed with a professional individually, Jerry offered some general advice on how we can set ourselves on a path to meeting our financial goals. A few of the take-aways from the broadcast include:
- A good place to look at when making financial goals is at spending habits.
- Separate needs and wants.
- Be realistic about your financial situation and seek out unbiased opinions.
- Create accountability for yourself in reaching your goals.
- Be patient in reaching your goals.
- It’s never too early to start saving for large life expenses and retirement.
- When you are choosing a financial professional, if they are not asking you the hard questions, you may want to keep looking.
Along with the great advice, we have two opportunities for you to win a copy of Jerry’s book – The Truth Helps. Answer one of the following questions and submit your answer to Mom of Many Hats Radio through the contact e-mail. The first correct answers received via e-mail will be winning entries. E-mails will be accepted and answered until until the sooner of February 6, 2012 or until both questions have been answered correctly.
1. On average, how much of their disposable incomes do Americans spend? (Answer is in the broadcast)
2. In what year was Jerry inspired to write about truth in the financial planning process? (Answer is in the broadcast or on Jerry’s site.)
Good luck and good financial planning!
Join the conversation LIVE on Friday at 5PM EST! Call in with questions or comments at 877-864-4869 . Tweet with us at #MMHradio. Live chat with us through the link at the top of the page. Or Join the Facebook conversation! We’d love to hear from you and have you be a part of the discussion!